- Neighborhood Development and Revitalization Planning
- Commercial Construction
- Construction Management and Consulting
- Infrastructure Design and Construction
- Multi-family and Mixed Use Design and Construction
- Non-profit Consulting - "the business of non-profit"
- Municipal Consulting
- Intergovernmental Relations and Consulting
- Land Use Planning
- Organization Design and Development
- Industrial and Personnel Relations Consulting
- Operations Research and Analysis
- Planning and Program Design
- Project Design and Management
- Administrative Policy Formulation and Design
- Production and Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Legislative Relations Consulting on Community
The positive economic impact STK will have on a neighborhood and its surrounding community is boundless. See some examples below:
1) Urban blight is reduced by rehabilitating visually and structurally distressed properties.
2) Vacant properties are eliminated thereby reducing the crime associated with numerous vacancies such as loitering. Eliminating vacancies while simultaneously increasing neighboring property values creates a benefit for existing homeowners within the community.
3) The tax base for local and county governments is increased by the revenue stream generated from property values increasing and from the additional taxes paid on building materials from housing rehabilitation, new construction, and homeowner furnishings.
4) Jobs are created from housing rehabilitation and new construction. Also, local businesses will benefit with the increased purchasing power of the residents/workers in their immediate vicinity. A vibrant house market has proven to be a key economic indicator time after time, and providing quality and affordable workforce housing is key to an employer's retention of experienced personnel.
5) Research and statistics have proven affordable homeownership to be a vital part of a family's overall well-being. Evidence Matters, Fall 2014, as published by HUD reports on findings related to: Housing's and Neighborhoods' Role in Shaping Children's Future; How Housing Mobility Affects Education Outcomes for Low-Income Children; Protecting Children Form Unhealthy Homes and Housing Instability; based primarily on housing choices made or mandated upon their parents, guardians, or caretakers.
6) STK conducts ongoing home buyer pre and post-purchase education seminars preparing an individual or family to purchase a home and maintain homeownership, while learning how to withstand normal life circumstances that will arise over the term of a 30 year mortgage. Self-directed credit enhancement training is an integral part of every seminar.
7) STK works with community partners comprised of non-profits, Small Women and Minority Businesses, church groups, and social service agencies, to fortify the activity of community development.
8) Revitalization of communities brings federal and state funding to local communities that demonstrate the capability to effectively tackle negative issues faced on a daily basis and turn them into true positives.
9) STK has an in-house grant writing, government bidding, and request for proposal in-house submission division, to reach out for state and federal allocated funding for community development to additionally support the mission.
10) Funding from various foundations is also sought after and applied for on a continuing basis for community development to additionally support STK's mission.
STK pursues community development through real estate acquisition of various property types including: foreclosures, tax deeded properties, abandoned/unwanted houses and multi-family units. After acquisition, we rehabilitate these properties, and sell and rent to affordable, low-to-moderate-income household individuals and/or families. Lease-to-own is available and highly encouraged. STK prefers "not" to be your landlord. The acquisition of vacant lots which are used to build new, quality, affordable homes is also an effective tool for community development used by STK.
OUR ECONOMIC IMPACT
Community Development Consulting