To serve as an Agent or Principal
for Community Development and Consultation with an emphasis on the development of affordable and sustainable single and multi-family housing.
"We believe in you....
All you have to do now is believe in us!"
Lamarr Kemp, Sr., MBA - President
"Every person deserves the decency of home to call his own...."
Quote from: Its A Wonderful Life!
STK is a community development corporation that pursues revitalization of stagnant and depressed communities in various communities throughout the United States, aiding the end user (home-buyers) as well as non-profit and for-profit entities.
Applying many combined years of experience, our team patiently researches your need, deeply considers your situation, pursues a creative solution, and expertly makes it real.
Thus, whether you are a first time home-buyer, new start-up, or a savvy real estate and community development business that provides home assistance to the masses -- we offer many options that range from walking with you through the entire purchasing process, from home selection, credit repair if needed, financing, and to closing. If you're a non-profit, it may be a grant or government program you need help with. For developers, we understand what you need to get approved for financing. We proudly stand behind our customer service motto: you decide - we provide!
STK pursues community development through real estate acquisition of foreclosures, tax deeded properties, and unwanted houses and multi-family units. After acquisition, we rehabilitate these properties, and sell and rent to affordable, low-to-moderate-income household individuals and/or families. Acquisition of vacant lots for infill new construction of quality affordable homes is also an effective tool for community development by STK.
The economic impact STK will make to a neighborhood and the surrounding community is tenfold:
- Urban blight is reduced by rehabilitating visually and structurally distressed properties.
- Vacancies are eliminated thereby reducing crime associated with vacant properties that allow undesirables to congregate. Eliminating vacancies while simultaneously increasing neighboring property values creates a win/win for existing homeowners in any given neighborhood.
- The tax base for local and county governments is increased by the revenue stream generated from increased property values and the additional taxes paid on building materials for housing rehabilitation, new construction, and homeowner furnishings purchased to enhance a new homeowner's immediate environment.
- Jobs are created from rehabilitation and new construction, assisting local businesses with the increased purchasing power of the residents/workers in their immediate vicinity. A vibrant housing market has proven to be a key economic indicator time after time, and providing quality and affordable workforce housing is key to an employer's retention of experienced personnel.
- Research and statistics have proven affordable home-ownership to be a vital part of a family's overall well-being. Evidence Matters, Fall 2014, as published by HUD reports on findings related to: Housing's and Neighborhoods' Role in Shaping Children's Future; How Housing Mobility Affects Education Outcomes for Low-Income Children; Protecting Children From Unhealthy Homes and Housing Instability; based primarily on housing choices made by or mandated upon their parents, guardians, or caretakers; in other words, the adults in their lives.
- STK conducts ongoing home buyer pre-purchase and post-purchase education seminars preparing an individual or family to purchase a home and maintain home-ownership, learning to withstand normal life circumstances that will arise over the term of a 30 year mortgage. Self-directed credit enhancement training is an integral part of every seminar.
- STK works with community partners comprised of non-profits, Small Women and Minority Businesses, church groups, and social service agencies, to fortify the activity of community development.
- Revitalization of communities brings federal and state funding to local communities that demonstrate the capability to effectively tackle negative issues faced on a daily basis and turn them into true positives.
- STK has an in-house grant writing, government bidding, and request for proposal submission division, to reach out for state and federal allocated funding for community development to additionally support the mission. Funding from foundations is also sought and applied for on a continuing basis.